SEND and Local Offer
Herefordshire Council’s Local Offer sets out the support, services and information available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The Local Authority now have a dedicated Facebook Page for SEND and the Local Offer, you can access it here https://www.facebook.com/HfdsSEND.
The Children and Families Act 2014, requires all local councils to have a Local Offer of available support to assist children and young people, from birth to 25 years of age, who are disabled and / or have special educational needs, along with their families.
The Local Offer includes:
- Education, health and social care services from birth to 25 years of age
- Eligibility criteria to access specialist support services
- The support arrangements available to help you access the services you need
- How to make a complaint
Herefordshire’s Local Offer is continuously being developed in consultation with young people and their families, with workshops and consultation events being held to ensure the right information is available, in the right format, at the right time.
To find out more about understanding and accessing the Local Offer, please read the information on this webpage which will direct you as appropriate, https://www.talkcommunitydirectory.org/local-offer-special-educational-needs-and-disabilities-send/what-is-the-local-offer/
If you’d like to share your views about the Local Offer in Herefordshire, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Can be found on the policies and key documents tab click here for the link.
Send report summary
At Queen Elizabeth High School we want every one of our children to achieve the best possible educational and personal
outcomes to become happy, healthy and fulfilled adults that are able to make a contribution to Society.
We have high aspirations for all pupils in QEHS and none more so than those with Special Educational Needs or disabilities.
Our school SEND offer originally came out of consultation with children, young people and their families. Their contribution is a
vital part of this and forms part of the wider Herefordshire Council Local Offer, a response to the aspirations of the Children and
Families Act 2014 for a greater voice for children and their families.
- Our school’s approach to supporting pupils with SEND
- Catering for different kinds of SEND
- Key staff and expertise
- Identifying and assessing pupils with SEND
- Consulting with pupils and parents
- Involving key stakeholders
- Progressing towards outcomes
- Transition support
- Teaching approach
- Adaptations to the curriculum and learning environment
- Inclusivity in activities
- Supporting emotional and social development
- Evaluating effectiveness
- Handling complaints
- Local Offer
- Named contacts
- Additional support